My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's Pumpkin Time

Well we had our first experience carving a Jackolantern.  Now it all went pretty well, except I managed to delete some of the cute pictures I took thinking they copied to my computer.  Apparently only some of them were transfered.  Darn!  Anyways, we decided to go outside to take more and this is when all hell broke loose.  My little one's "issues" were in full swing when he decided he for sure did not want to sit by that pumpkin for the life of him!  Here he is on my shoulder while I was taking cute pics of the other two.  :( 


I finally got him to sit by the pumpkin if it was in the wagon moving.  He loves the wagon!



Here's the other two with their pumpkin family!


All in all it was stressful to try to get them all in on the fun, but it was worth it!  We have had to compromise with halloween for years now.  When my eldest son was little, we couldn't get him to wear a costume so we had to settle for sweatshirts that kinda looked like a costume.  My daughter was the same way, we had to stick to outfits that kinda looked like costumes, but last year they both did better.  We had a Clone Trooper, R2D2 and baby Yoda!  It was so fun to see them all dressed up!  Hopefully this year goes just as smoothly.  My daughter has changed her mind on costumes about a million times and my son is sticking with the Star Wars theme as he has a problem with change and is literally obsessed with Star Wars (it's an aspie thing).  Now little guy is going to be a little pumpkin and my husband and I are dressing up to match!  It will be so much fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment