My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Slow cooker Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Pudding (yes it is a re-post but a yummy one)

Well considering that Thanksgiving is well on the way here, I decided to re-post my recipe for Dairy Free Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding.  I was digging around for the recipe and I plan on making it tomorrow so why not re-post?  Anyways, my Little Guy is still allergic to all dairy products.  We did a re-trial of baked in dairy a few weeks ago and unfortunately he still reacted, so more dairy free holiday fun this year.  I am afraid that even if he does outgrow it at this point, he may never like dairy.  He is very particular about even his brand of soy milk, so he might be on it for good anyways.  It would be nice to not have to check labels on everything someday though.  He's going on three years old and still hasn't outgrown it, though so I am not sure what the odds are that he will.  Oh well, here is the awesome recipe that I just love myself anyways!


Ingredients

  • 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
  • 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients and transfer into a greased slow cooker and cook on low for about four hours.  I use a slow cooker liner because this one does tend to make for sticky cleanup.

No comments:

Post a Comment