My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oreo Spiders

For snack today, we made oreo spiders.  This is by no means a novel idea in the world of preschool cooking projects but I thought I would post it anyway.  We took halloween oreos and I had the kids stick pretzel sticks in the creme to make legs.  We then used decorating gel to stick m&m eyes on the spiders.  The kids needed some help if their spiders started to fall apart but for the most part, they did the "cooking" themselves.  Here's a picture of the finished product.


This is my little girl's spider.  She has sensory issues and is weird about novel foods, so she refused to eat hers.   She rarely eats our cooking projects.  But she made one and fed it to Daddy.  I gave her a plain oreo instead.  Both my older two children have always been weird about making food projects and eating them.  This is the first year my eldest boy has really gotten into this kind of thing and he really seems to be enjoying it now.  Just FYI to make this project milk free for little guy, we just omit the m&ms and use sweet tarts for eyes.  The oreos and pretzels are milk free.

No comments:

Post a Comment