My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hokey Pokey

We were reading a book for preschool and it mentioned the hokey pokey which the girls of course thought was a hilarious name for a dance.  So I of course had to show them how to do the Hokey Pokey which made for a good break from the norm.  And that lead to all sorts of movement games like Simon Says, Ring around the Rosie and follow the leader.  It overall made for an interesting fun day and the bonus was they weren't dragging a bunch of toys all over the place or fighting.  It made me really want to try to remember more of those games we all played when we were little that kids just don't play anymore to teach to my kids.  Unfortunately my memory isn't the greatest, so comment if you read this and have any ideas!

2 comments:

  1. First I love reading your blog and hearing about your life.
    Some other movement game suggestions: Mother May I, Doggie Doggie Where's your Bone?, Red light Green light, and leap frog.
    Some of these might not work with your kids, but they are just some that I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Red Rover, Red Rover. How about the song, "If your happy and you know it." and "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes."

    ReplyDelete