My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Friday, December 10, 2010

Time4Learning review

Well, it has been a few months of us using Time4Learning.com as a main curriculum for homeschooling for my eldest little man.  So far, I am highly impressed.  The LA and math sections are very comprehensive and even seem a little advanced for grade levels compared to the books we have anyway.  Basically it uses characters, games, and book-like tutorials online to teach the materials.  My son finds the games very engaging.  The tutorials are a little less "fun" but he seems to learn from them just fine.  Quizzes and tests are integrated into the system and there are also additional worksheets you can print off in just about every section.  The best part about it is the record keeping system.  It records EVERYTHING your kid does on there and their scores.  When you look at the records, you can generate reports in PDF format that you can print or save to your computer.  Plus since I let him work independently some, I can see where he has struggled and repeat lessons with him as needed.

Like I said, I am hugely impressed and I do plan on signing my daughter up next year for kindergarten.  I do still supplement with extra reading materials, science kits, and we use a lot of folder games just because my little guy loves folder games.

For more information on the program please visit www.time4learning.com.

3 comments:

  1. My boys are much older but we've been using Time4Learning for going-on four years now and STILL love it!! Our youngest son has Asperger's syndrome and dyslexia and the curriculum just "fit" him perfectly. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! another T4L'er :')
    We have been with Time4Learning for about 3 yrs now and we just LOVE it! Its so much fun finding others who use it as well..Do you ever go to thier forum? It's One of my favorite things about this company.If you havnt here is the link~> http://time4learning.net/
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like Time4Learning. We are in our fourth year of using the program. My son really struggles with reading. I think he may be dyslexic. But since we homeschool he doesn't have a formal diagnosis. The games keep his attention and help him stay focused. We also supplement with hands on things like our local science museum, the environmental center, and the nature center. Hope to see you around the forums.
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete