My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Homeschool Halloween Party

Well today we had our homeschool halloween party.  Basically we played games, did lots of crafts and had cupcakes.  For lunch I made Jack-o-lantern grilled cheese which is pretty much self explanatory but here's a picture.
Unfortunately the "sensory" kids didn't like it at all but my eldest did try it which is better than he would have done a year ago.  My daughter wouldn't even try it.  So they had one of their "safe" foods, bologna.  I love doing fun kid things with the food, but my kids aren't too receptive to people making their food look different even if it is a food that they like.  Tomorrow we are going to be making monster mouths out of marshmallows and apples.  Hopefully that will go better with them wanting to eat it.

Craft wise we made pipe cleaner spiders which I had to help them a lot with.  Apparently it was a little over their head.  And they colored haunted houses and stuck monster stickers all over it for decoration.
My eldest wanted the day off from doing actual school and I told him he could if he did extra work tomorrow but then he got so goofy and silly like he always does when he is anticipating something that he was driving me crazy bouncing around the house.  I decided to talk him back into doing some work and he actually got a lot done on the computer especially in math, but he loves math so that was easy to talk him into.   My little man is adding and subtracting money with decimals right now and multiplying two digit by two digit numbers.  Gotta brag on him a little bit, he's such a smart little dude.  

1 comment:

  1. What computer math sites do you use? Robin

    ReplyDelete