My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Friday, October 15, 2010

Preschool Halloween fun

Okay so we are gearing up for Halloween!  Yay!  Makes for fun activities and what not.  We are doing one letter a week with the girls for preschool and we just happened to fall on Gg this week and Gg is for Ghost.  My favorite thing we have done so far is to make hand print ghosts.  I took white paint and had them do a hand print on black paper.  After it dried, we turned it so the fingers were facing down and used black markers to draw faces on them.  They really enjoyed it and it took very little prep-work.  I also cut large and small ghosts out of white card stock and put capital letters on the big ghosts and lower case letters on the small ghosts for a literacy matching game.  For math, cut out a haunted house shape out of construction paper and made ghost counters out of felt and rubber-bands.  I then took index cards and wrote simple math problems on them and they used the ghost counters to solve the problems.  We are also working on learning the life cycle of a pumpkin with some sequence cards I printed off online.   I just love holidays because I find so many creative ideas that center around each holiday.  Next week we will be doing Hh is for Halloween so we can throw in all kinds of pumpkin and bat projects and maybe a black cat or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment