My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Saturday, January 8, 2011

We made it through the holidays!

Well, we made it through all the Christmas family functions with little to no meltdowns from any of the children which is a huge relief.  We just had our last family event yesterday and all went relatively smoothly.  Unfortunately we have all been sick off and on kind of passing stuff around in between events and I have been to the doctor with different children way more than I would have liked.  And the kids have been on antibiotics to keep from being contagious and spreading stuff to others.  We are just this past week starting to get back into the swing of things for homeschool.   Truthfully we have been slacking just a tad trying to get back into the schedule.  I expect this next week to be more productive.

We did hear from Easter Seals about my little guy's autism evaluation.  The next slot they had available was in may exactly a month after his second birthday.  I am nervous and excited at the same time.  It will be an all day evaluation which will probably be totally exhausting for the little guy, but I am really ready for some answers about what is going on with him.  Hopefully they will be able to help us get on the right track with therapies and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment