My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Museum fun

Well, since everyone was semi-healthy FINALLY this week, we decided to hit the museum on Tuesday.  We left around 11 and had lunch in the car on the way since it is an hour away.  I was a little worried when we got there because I forgot the stroller for the Little Guy.  We decided to leave our coats in the car and hurry in so we wouldn't have to lug coats through the whole place.  We got in there and got started, and they all had a complete blast.  I think my eldest and Little Guy had the most fun.  It was funny to see their different personalities shine through.  My eldest who has always had a thirst for knowledge went through having to read the trivia questions in all the areas and was totally engrossed in every little bit of info he could absorb.  My niece who is quite hyper was practically dragging me along and rushing through the areas but stopping to touch and look at everything she could.  My Baby Girl who has some auditory sensitivities due to her sensory processing disorder kept clamping her hands over her ears when her brothers would push certain buttons, but she loved the discovery area that has a tree house and animal puppets.  I think that was her favorite.  She found a fawn puppet that she absolutely adored and played with the whole time we were in that area.  Little Guy was so totally ready to explore that the stroller ended up being completely unnecessary anyway.  He really enjoyed walking through it all and loved the things to touch and buttons to push.  He did get stuck in the tree house and we had to go up and get him.  All in all we had a total blast and hope to go back real soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment