My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Little Guy's Speech Progress!!!

Well little guy has come a long way as far as speech development goes. You can't understand a lot of what he says, but he tries to carry on little mini conversations now which is so awesome. He went from about a month ago, having a jump in words he was trying to say on his own to really using those words to communicate more. Here's an example of him actually negotiating with me. He comes over to me wanting a cookie. He says, "Tootie?". I say, "No, no cookies right now, Baby". He says "Yeah, tootie!" I said no again, and he looks at me putting up one finger and says, "one?" (he usually asks for two, so he was negotiating lol) This was the longest back and forth conversation we had ever had and I was so impressed with his attempt at negotiating instead of screaming that I gave in and let him have one. He has really come a long way in just the last month and I am so proud of my little guy.

1 comment: