My Babies

My Babies
"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." --Hans Asperger

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday Craziness

Well, my eldest son's autistic behaviors are shinning through today like you wouldn't believe.  Just when you think things are getting better with him, the holidays have to show up to throw him off.  He can't keeps his body to himself for the life of him today and ended up grounded from the Wii which is his favorite thing in the whole wide world.  He always gets this way when we have something going on out of the norm.  He senses it and all his autistic symptoms go into overdrive.  He's bouncing, stimming, and unfortunately crashing into his sibling.  He also had a huge meltdown about Tae-kwon-do practice and refused to go.  He was in tears about it, so I didn't make him go.  I am hoping next week after the holiday craziness has worn off, maybe he will give it another try.  But with Christmas on the way, I don't know.  I just got his uniform a couple of weeks ago, and he is only half-way through the session we just paid for so I wish he would at least finish up the session.

Good news though, my tiny guy has decided he likes sweet potatoes which is awesome given that will be a popular food this week.  He's not too keen on turkey but loves the stuffing and sweet potatoes.  I am planning on making him more dairy free pumpkin pie pudding too.  I also found some dairy free honey buns at the dollar general, so he can have something special for breakfast on thanksgiving when the other two have their powdered donuts I bought them.

However crazy the kids get over this holiday season, I am thankful that they are my super smart, totally awesome kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment